The amazing things you can acheive with paint !

Join me for an inside view of a painters world, a world filled with people, places, color and design. My painting company is a perfect platform to show you all the amazing things you can achieve with paint. There will be photo's, stories and DIY tips. From time to time I will throw in some of my art work.
Array of color inc specializes in interior, exterior painting and faux finishes. Our services areas are Indian River Cnty, St. Lucie, Martin and Palm Beach Counties. Call for a free estimate - 772-528-6365

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Faux Painted Bricks




Faux painted bricks adds a touch of old world charm and livens up any decor.
Adding the faux exposed bricks makes your area even more interesting. This technique can be used on accent walls, decorating a wine cellar, Tuscany style kitchens, fireplace surround or wall, and so much more. There are countless color combinations for bricks, this is just one of them.

I think you will enjoy doing this project, I know I did. Use your imagination!

I cut a stencil of the bricks and applied a base coat of a light tan. When the base dried I stenciled in the bricks using a med golden tan and a deep Terra Cotta color. Create a variation of color with the bricks, each one should have there own personality. I added speckles of a deep brown on each brick with a sea sponge to add texture. The exposed area was drawn in with a brush using the surrounding wall color. The shadows and high lights were applied with a artist bush.

In this picture the light was coming down from the top left, add high lights to the top of the bricks and add shadows to the bottom of the bricks. The same goes for the exposed area around the bricks.

To make the shadows use a dark brown glaze watered down and apply with an artist brush.
High lites were done with white paint.

The surrounding wall was a faux sponge finish. Light tan base with # 1035 glaze.
Take a look at more faux bricks http://arrayofcolorinc.blogspot.com/2013/04/painted-faux-bricks.html

1 comment:

  1. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at Le_Meridian Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete