The amazing things you can acheive with paint !

Join me for an inside view of a painters world, a world filled with people, places, color and design. My painting company is a perfect platform to show you all the amazing things you can achieve with paint. There will be photo's, stories and DIY tips. From time to time I will throw in some of my art work.
Array of color inc specializes in interior, exterior painting and faux finishes. Our services areas are Indian River Cnty, St. Lucie, Martin and Palm Beach Counties. Call for a free estimate - 772-528-6365

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Orange Memories


                                                            

     I lived in New Jersey for several years and witnessed some of the most awesome displays of the leaves changing color in the Fall. It was like mother nature's fireworks changing with each passing day. Little did I know what a profound effect it would have on my life. 

     In my opinion, orange is the most iconic color of fall. When the trees explode into brilliant colors, we are reminded that fall is here. As we stare at this beautiful color show, we remember the things we loved the most and still cherish today. I remember running door-to-door on Halloween night, collecting delicious candy in my orange pumpkin, glowing jack o’ lanterns greeting me at every door step, and candy corn in my grandmother’s candy dish which I could not keep my hands out of.

     A few more of my orange memories include the smell of hot pumpkin pie fresh out of the oven, sweet potatoes, carrots and don’t forget that beautiful roasted turkey glazed with honey. Many of us had to rake the falling leaves from our yards and sometimes the pile of leaves would be four ft. high. During break time a tall glass of OJ was the perfect refreshing energy drink that put a smile on all our faces.  Once the break was over we would throw our selves into the pile of leaves and roll around till we were dizzy.

      How can anyone resist playing in those piles of leaves?  Sometimes the leaves would lift off the ground and chase each other around in the wind creating a kaleidoscope of color. It’s their last dance before winter arrives.

      No sooner than the trees are bare, we continue the celebration of fall with all the colorful decorations and food in our homes. Family and friends come together to share old stories and enjoy one of the most cherished meals of the year and give thanks.

      Living in Florida there are few natural reminders of fall. This is why color plays such an important role in our lives. I welcome all the warmth and vitality of the color orange. 

No comments:

Post a Comment