The amazing things you can acheive with paint !

Join me for an inside view of a painters world, a world filled with people, places, color and design. My painting company is a perfect platform to show you all the amazing things you can achieve with paint. There will be photo's, stories and DIY tips. From time to time I will throw in some of my art work.
Array of color inc specializes in interior, exterior painting and faux finishes. Our services areas are Indian River Cnty, St. Lucie, Martin and Palm Beach Counties. Call for a free estimate - 772-528-6365

Monday, September 19, 2011

In deep water


                                                        

There have been many occasions when I was asked to redo a paint project. It was not due to poor work or failing products, it was from WATER, a lot of WATER.

 I completed an interior paint project for a retired couple’s vacation home. They were very excited and anxious to head back to their home up north for the holidays and show the picture’s of their new interior.

While my clients were up north, a neighbor walking their dog noticed water coming from under their front door. The neighbor called my client, who then gave him direction to get into the home. As soon as the front door was opened, a rush of water pushed its way out onto the front lawn.  Once inside they could not believe their eyes. Since the water was in the house for an extended period of time, it developed the greenest growth of mildew they had ever seen. It looked like there was grass growing on the walls. The water was finally shut off and they found a crack in the toilet tank which caused water to continuously escape. The neighbor called in a local company to begin the clean up and restoration process.

About four weeks later, I received a call asking me to come back to their home to repaint the interior.  In total confusion, I asked “why?”  They told me there was major water damage in the home and almost everything had been ruined.

When everything was replaced, I returned to paint the interior again. Once again, they were very happy with the painting and relieved the whole ordeal was over. This time they made sure the main water valve was shut off and the toilets tanks were empty before their trip back north.

Regardless of whether your trip is long or short, I strongly suggest shutting off the main water valve into your house before you leave.


No comments:

Post a Comment